As a homeowner in Florida, house insurance from The Marcus Group can help you protect your property and personal possessions.

Your home is your refuge. It is a place you can relax after work, and a place to visit with friends. It can serve as party central the day of the big game, and it is a place where your family can play and grow together. That is why Florida house insurance is an important insurance policy for every person to have. With a typical FL home insurance policy from The Marcus Group, you can cover the following aspects of your home:

  • Destruction and damage done to your home and other structures on your property. This also includes fences, sheds and garages.
  • Personal property coverage for items such as your furniture, appliances, and other items. Most Florida house insurance policies will cover property up to a certain dollar amount in case of destruction or theft.
  • FL home insurance may also cover your living expenses for a temporary change of address if your home is unlivable due to a disaster. This is often capped based on your home insurance coverage amount.

In addition to these types of coverages, home insurance policies often also include provisions to protect both liability issues and medical payments in the unfortunate event that you or a guest are injured on your property.

If you are interested in Florida house insurance, or would like help determining your home insurance needs, call The Marcus Group today!

Florida Secondary Home Insurance

A second home is a luxury you can’t afford to leave to chance. Don’t make the mistake of thinking all you need is your run-of-the-mill homeowners policy. A second home requires less attention, but more specific coverage – after all, you’re not going to be there very often. And if you intend to rent the home out during the off-season, you’re going to need extensive supplemental coverage.

At The Marcus Group we can customize an affordable secondary home insurance policy that addresses all your maintenance and liability concerns.

Florida Mobile Home Insurance

Mobile homes are a cost effective way for many people to become homeowners. Often times, mobile homes are far less expensive than a regular home but offer benefits similar to owning a single family home. Just because your mobile home costs less than a typical home does not mean it is not your most valuable asset. Protecting your mobile home with an insurance policy will give you peace of mind that your losses will be covered if a disaster strikes.

If you are purchasing a mobile home, you may not be aware that mobile homes require a different type of homeowners insurance coverage. Mobile homes need a specialized coverage type because they are transportable and constructed differently than ordinary homes.

We have experienced professionals who will find you an affordable insurance policy on your next mobile home. Leave the insurance to us and protect your home and the assets under its roof. We will provide you with a quick and accurate quote on mobile home insurance.

Renters Insurance in Florida

When it comes to renters insurance, Florida renters can depend on the insurance services of The Marcus Group.

If you’re renting your home, your landlord’s insurance covers your property too, right? Wrong. For anyone renting property in Florida, renters insurance must be purchased if you want your personal possessions to be protected. Even if your landlord or property manager has insurance for your home, that does not mean your assets are covered. Your landlord’s policy covers the property as a whole, but your belongings remain your responsibility. Some landlords will actually require you to carry renters insurance if you are living on their property.

When you rent your home, whether it is an apartment, house, condo, or duplex, you can protect your assets with renters insurance.

Florida renters can rely on a renter insurance policy from The Marcus Group to protect you in unfortunate situations such as: fire, theft, water damage, and other circumstances beyond your control. Our agents will help you determine how extensive your renters insurance policy should be.

Renters insurance generally covers:

  • Personal Property – like your furniture, electronics, and clothing.
  • Personal Liability – in the event that someone is injured.
  • Damage to Your Apartment – if the damage is caused by a covered loss.

You never know when disaster may strike. A burglar breaks into your apartment or your neighbor’s pipes burst, costing you thousands of dollars. You know these stories all too well when you rent an apartment in Florida. Renters insurance is very similar to homeowners insurance; it is simply focused on people who rent their home instead of own it. A renter insurance policy can help you replace valuables that have been lost, stolen or damaged. Also, if you are forced out of your rental after a disaster, additional living expenses you may incur- like hotel bills, temporary rentals, and restaurant meals – are covered by renters insurance. Florida residents can count on The Marcus Group for renters insurance solutions.

Renters insurance also provides coverage for those who may be injured at your home, or elsewhere, by you, a pet, or a family member. In the event of a law suit, a renters policy will also cover your legal defense fees if you end up in court.

No matter where you rent in Florida, renters insurance is a vital component to your financial security. There are many options to consider when selecting renters insurance. Florida residents should contact The Marcus Group today for more information and a free quote!

Florida Condo Insurance

Need an insurance quote for your condo or townhouse? You’ve come to the right place.

If you own a townhouse or condo, you have different insurance needs than the typical homeowner. Not only do you own your individual condo, you also share ownership in the common areas and overall structure of your building. If shared areas need upkeep and maintenance, your association will typically handle the expense through their insurance package. Although your association dues help pay for upkeep of the common areas, they do not typically cover your personal property within your own unit, or your liability if someone is injured on your property.

Condominium insurance provides protection where condo associations do not. Condo and town house coverage protects your possessions within your unit, including furniture, appliances, kitchen and bath facilities and your personal items. If you plan on upgrading your unit, any improvements you make will also be covered under your policy, including wall units, renovations, wallpaper.

If you would like to feel more secure, you should look into purchasing a condo or town house insurance plan from The Marcus Group.

Contact us to get a condo or townhouse insurance quote right now!

Florida Flood Insurance

Flood insurance provides protection for destruction and financial devastation caused by floods. Although it may not seem like much even a few inches of water can cause serious damage; resulting in thousands of dollars in repair and restoration costs. Homeowners insurance does not cover floods. Purchasing a flood insurance policy through The Marcus Group can protect you.

Although it may not seem as necessary as homeowners insurance, flood insurance is important if you want to keep your home safe and your possessions secure. Flood coverage offers protection against losses that result from heavy and lengthy rain falls, storm surges, blocked storm drainage systems, snow melts, etc.

Different types of policies are available based on your property’s location and flood history:

  • Standard Flood Insurance Policies

    If you live in a community that participates in the NFIP, your building and its contents can be covered by a standard flood insurance policy. The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) was established by the Federal Government to help communities who “voluntarily participate in the NFIP by adopting and enforcing floodplain management ordinances to reduce future flood damage.” To be considered a flood, the waters must cover at least two acres or affect at least two properties. You must apply for building coverage and contents coverage separately if you choose to invest in a standard flood insurance policy.

  • Preferred Risk Flood Insurance Policies

    If your home or business is in a low or moderate risk zone, your building may qualify for a low-cost preferred risk policy.

    While you aren’t required to purchase flood insurance in low-to-moderate risk areas, a preferred risk policy will protect your home and its contents if you are affected by a small flood or a larger flood that has extended into your low-risk area. In truth, many flood insurance claims occur in low-to-moderate risk areas.

Don’t wait until it’s too late. Contacting The Marcus Group today will get you on the path to flood protection with an affordable and comprehensive insurance policy.